Gary is the owner and director of Inspiring Adventure. He has many years of experience in canoe and kayak paddling and coaching. He has travelled the world looking for new rivers to paddle and ways to develop his personal skills and coaching techniques.
Gary is a BCU Level 5 canoe coach and an aspirant Level 5 kayak coach. He is also a provider of UKCC coaching courses, white water safety and rescue and is a BCU national trainer for canoe and kayak 4* leader providers and a mentor for UKCC Level 1 and 2 trainee providers. In addition Gary holds many other high level land and water based qualifications in sea, surf, sailing, power boating, yachting, climbing and walking.
Favourite type of paddling:
Canoe expeditions, river canoeing and kayaking in hot places with nice class 4 rapids.
Favourite Current Product:
- Yak Conquest sea cag is great, warm, durable and dry with fleecy pockets.
- Werner paddles, carbon Powerhouse cranks, brilliant power and durability for rocky rivers.
- Werner Nantahala canoe paddle, loads of power, light weight and super strong.
- Esquif Prospector 15 canoe very manoeuvrable boat with lots of room for expeditions.
- Dagger Nomad 8.5 creek boat, amazing creek boat loves rock slides and boofs.
Favourite Product Owned:
All of the above
Favourite river/spot in the UK:
- Upper Dart in Devon is a fantastic kayak river for practising lots of kayaking skills.
- Loop section on the Dart in Devon is great for canoeing in medium water.
Favourite river/spot abroad:
- French Alps for canoe and kayak around the Durance river area, the Ubay gorge is great for kayaking.
- Val Sessia in Italy, Egua River is great fun
- Canoe Expedition in Canada, on the Missinaibi river River for 1 month remote expedition.
Favourite River Snack:
Future trip plans:
- Off to the Alps in the summer for canoe and kayaking
- Canoe trip to the Ardeche in the summer
- Ray Goodwin mentored me for my Level 5 coach, he gave me loads of ideas and is full of knowledge and experience.
- Paul Bayliss who works in North wales, we have been mates for over 15 years his motivation for boating has been really inspiring, and we have shared many adventures together.
- Dagger nomad 8.5, Dagger Mamba 8.6 and Wavesport Diesel 80
- Esquif Prospector 15, Mad River Legend 15 & 16
Werner Powerhouse 194 and Werner Nantahala canoe paddle
- Yak Conquest sea cag
- Yak Maverick WW cag
5.10 Water Tennies